Topic Brainstorm

Karma

I think that Karma would be a very interesting topic to write about. I totally feel that karma is real, and I would love to read the epics and stories related to it. The cause and effect style of story telling is something I am familiar with, so I think I could really have fun with this topic. I enjoyed reading the Karma Dreams, and it definitely gave me some ideas if I choose to write about the topic of karma. I love the angle that the author took with their storybook, four different people with four different experiences, yet all having karmic message come through their dreams. How creative!

Kamadeva, The God of Love

I am definitely a lover of love, so I am totally drawn to the idea of writing about the God of love! After reading through the Kamaveda, Love Therapist, I got the idea to do more of a gossip column type storybook. I like the idea of telling the story from an outsiders point of view and also giving opinions and advice. I feel like the magazine gossip column idea would be fun and interesting to write about. I would also get to use more of my real voice and include my perspective of the stories and relationships as well.

Birth Stories

After reading Dr. Gibbs' comment on my Introduction post, I am super interested in writing about birth stories. Because I have the goal of becoming a doula and opening a Midwifery with a friend, finding out that there are midwives and doulas in the Epics gives me a lot of ideas. I could write as if my clinic was open and turn the stories into modern day stories and cases, or I could change the genders of the characters to give some representation to the LGBTQA+ community. Not everyone identifies with the gender they were born as, and I think that deserves to be incorporated in these stories. Dai Dreaming: A collection of Birth Stories is another article that inspired me to want to write about birth stories of the Epics.

Women of the Epics

Given my interests in general as well as my major and minors here at OU, I think that writing about the women in the Epics would be awesome. Women deserve much more credit than they get, and I would love to make women who may be seen more as background characters or villians more attention. I could also adapt these women's stories to society today and the issues women experience. The storybook, Powerful Women in Indian Epics really inspired me to write about powerful women, and also give women who may not have been in powerful positions a voice and an empowering story.

A picture of a clouds forming a heart. This is related to the prevalence of love and empowerment throughout the topics that I have chosen. 
Image Source: Heart Cloud


Comments

Popular Posts