Feedback Thoughts


Without a doubt, criticism can be both a good and bad thing. I think that feedback is essential to growth in all areas of life; although, there are definitely wrong and right ways to communicate it. I also think that the way we take criticism and feedback can also affect the way we see ourselves and how we perceive to be seen by others. I think that giving positive and encouraging feedback instead of telling someone all of the things they did wrong is definitely a better way to communicate on both ends.

An article I read titled, Rewire Your Self-Critical Brain, was a very beneficial article to read for me. I have noticed that I have tendencies to take criticism the wrong way and internalize things instead of asking for clarification or a different explanation. This affects both my emotions toward someone and my self-worth. I think REBS can be very beneficial for someone like me, and I also see how this can help motivate you to continue on when having a difficult time or a bad day. Reassuring yourself throughout the day is a great habit to start, and I will definitely be trying it out!

I also read another article titled, Seven Ways to CrushSelf-Doubt. The first two ways that the article recommended to curb self-doubt was to stop comparing yourself to others and to abandon perfectionism. I find both to be rather difficult seeing how social media has us comparing ourselves to each other every single day, which I feel, goes hand in hand with our obsession with perfection. We all see everyone’s successes, but we almost never hear about the struggles that they are facing. I think if we all accepted that we all have problems, no matter how perfect things may seem, and that it is more than okay to make mistakes. All in all, this article was a great read, and I totally recommend this to anyone who has any sort of self-doubt.


A picture of the silhouette of a woman with roots growing from her feet and branches growing from her arms.
Image Source: Tree Woman

Comments

Popular Posts